CAREER OPPORTUNITY – FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The Point Township Police Department, (Northumberland County), is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time police officer. Point Township is located in a hub between major universities and hospitals and offers great employment opportunities for families. The area is situated along the north and west branches of the Susquehanna River and Lake Augusta and is well known for summertime boating and recreation. Residents enjoy ample opportunities for camping, biking, hunting and fishing. Outdoor motorsports, sports venues and amusement parks are nearby and community festivals and other activities offer plenty to do. The 25 mile residency requirement, (within 2 years of hire), allows flexibility for living accommodations and schools for children. Affordable housing and a variety of restaurants and shopping, along with low crime rates, provide for a high quality of life.
- Competitive salary, based upon experience, (senior patrol pay in 2018 is $29.52/hr)
- The agency has now opened all Patrol Officer positions to lateral transfers to help veteran officers start with maximum pay potential
- Paid Insurance – Medical, Eye, Dental, Life, Disability
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with PMRS, (laterals can port your current PMRS account)
- Other benefits include: all Uniforms and Equipment provided, Annual Longevity bonus, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, KIA/Disability benefit, Retirees Health Benefit and more
- US citizen of excellent moral character
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid PA driver’s license
- ‘Act 120’ Certification by MPOETC, (or MPOETC accepted equivalent)
- Competitive process to include written exam, physical performance test battery, oral board examination, thorough background investigation, medical and psychological screening.
- Application packets can be picked up at the Point Township Municipal Building at 759 Ridge Road, Northumberland, PA between the hours of 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Deadline to obtain packet will be 4pm on Friday, January 26th 2018. No Application Fee. Point Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.